Every 2" x 8" ADA Tactile Braille Exit Sign we comes with Grade 2 Braille and made from quality ADA materials. Plus, each Exit Sign comes with 20 standard color options and bulk discounts up to 20% off. In addition, there's FREE shipping on all orders over $75. And, when you shop with Alpha Dog ADA Signs, know that it's always fast, easy and secure!
- Compliance: NOT Guaranteed 100% ADA compliant - may not meet your local ADA ADA requirements*
- Environment: Perfect for interior OR exterior applications, UV stable
- Base: 1/16" or 1/8" quality ADA material with non-glare, matte finish
- Text/Pictograms: All text/pictograms are raised 1/32"
- Braille: Grade 2 Braille (meets California ADA requirements for 'contracted' Braille)
- Mounting: Foam tape, screw holes for easy installation, or no mounting option
- Corners: Rounded or square corners
- Production: All signs proudly made in the USA by Alpha Dog ADA Signs on a per-order basis
- Manufacturing/Shipping Time: Standard production is 5-7 business days PLUS shipping. Expedited options for both are available.
So why do you need those tactile Exit, Exit Route and Emergency Exit Signs? In short, it's the law. Specifically, the IBC (International Building Code) requires a tactile “EXIT” sign adjacent to the door to an egress stairway, an exit passageway, and the exit discharge (§1011.3, §1003.2.10.3 – 2000 addresses doors to egress stairways only).
In addition, the ADA Standards include a similar requirement. For example, it requires visual and tactile exit signs at doors at exit stairways, exit passageways, and exit discharge (§216.4.1). (An exit passageway is a horizontal component of an exit that is separated from interior building spaces by fire-resistance-rated construction that leads to the exit discharge or public way.)
So there you go. Fun stuff, we know. But now you know how to be compliant. However, if you still have questions, don't hesitate and contact us today. We do this for a living.