Effective Date: 10/1/2012 Last Updated: May 17th, 2019
Information We Collect Directly from You
Account Information: In order to use certain features of this Website, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on the account creation form and/or require you to create an Alpha Dog ADA Signs Account (email address and password). During account creation, you are required to give contact information (such as first name, last name and complete address). We use this information to contact you about the services or members on our website in which you have expressed interest. You may have the option to provide demographic information such as interests or profession. We encourage you to submit this information, so we can provide you with a more personalized customer experience.
As part of signing up for an Alpha Dog ADA Signs Account, types of communications you may elect to receive from us that require use of personally identifiable information include Customer Service emails in response to order or product related support issues, Special Promotions and Updates to notify you of promotional opportunities, Newsletters to stay abreast of Alpha Dog ADA Signs related news & events, Product or Service Announcements to advise of temporary service outages or technical product announcements, and Partnership or Sponsorship Opportunities. Alpha Dog ADA Signs is the sole owner of the information collected on alphadogadasigns.com. Alpha Dog ADA Signs collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Website.
Billing Information: If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. Types of order-related communications that require the use of personal information include Order Confirmation email to confirm the placement, & summarize the contents of your order, Shipping Confirmation email to notify you when your order ships, and Customer Satisfaction Emails to ensure you are satisfied with your Alpha Dog ADA Signs product.
How We May Use Information We Collect from You
We Never Sell Your Personal Information: We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
Types of communication include but are not limited to:
- Orders: If you place an order on alphadogadasigns.com, we will use your name & email address to send you an Order Confirmation Email, a Shipping Confirmation Email, and Customer Satisfaction Emails. If you do not wish to participate in Customer Satisfaction emails, you may Opt-Out of such emails upon receipt by clicking “Unsubscribe” link contained in the email.
- Service-Related Announcements: We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Customer Service: Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us at the time of account creation or purchase, we will send you a confirmation email to verify your username and password. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your preferences.
Types of communication include but are not limited to:
- Special Offers and Updates: We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special promotions, contests, events, & opportunities to interact with Alpha Dog ADA Signs and our community. You can sign up to receive these emails from us on our sign-up page &/or during checkout while purchasing a product. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option NOT to receive these types of communications. Please see “Choice and Opt-out” section below for more details on how to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from Alpha Dog ADA Signs.
- Newsletters: If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the “Choice and Opt-out” section.
Use of Navigational Information: We use Navigational Information to operate and improve the Websites and the Subscription Service. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information for your business.
Customer Testimonials and Comments: Customers can post testimonials on comments on our website, which may contain Personal Information. Alpha Dog ADA Signs under certain circumstances will request a customer’s consent via email to use/post a testimonial to provide additional support to a marketing campaign.
Billing (Use of Credit Card Information): During checkout credit card information is provided to Alpha Dog ADA Sign to collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card process. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- Trustwave: Trusted Commerce Credit Card and Identity Information
Shipping: Once payment has been processed, Alpha Dog ADA Signs will share your name, email address, shipping address, and order contents as necessary for the third-party shipping company to fulfill the final steps of your order. These service providers are not permitted to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose than shipping on our behalf.
Third-Party Website Features
- Facebook: We use Facebook Like button to enable our website users to easily “Like” content found on Alpha Dog ADA Signs websites, and thereby share this content with their Facebook Friends. Please see Facebook’s Data Use Policy for more on the type of data tracked by Facebook via this feature.
- LinkedIn: We use LinkedIn Share button to enable our website users to easily “Share” content found on Alpha Dog ADA Signs’ websites, and thereby share this content with their LinkedIn Network. Please see LinkedIn’s Data Use Policy for more on the type of data tracked by LinkedIn via this feature.
Non-Personally-Identifiable User Information: For each visitor to our websites, we collect non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, preferences, technical session information, & browser type. This data is used to manage the website, track website usage, provide context for referring traffic sources, and improve overall website performance. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to visitors, to identify & retarget advertisements to past website visitors, & to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns. If you arrived at our website via a link from another webpage, we may receive aggregate or otherwise anonymous statistical information about your visit to our site. We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site, and to improve the content of our website to better match the interests of our website users.
Third Party Advertising and Website Analytics: We do not serve third-party advertisements to you while using our website, alphadogadasigns.com. However, we do work with website analytics & advertising partners, including Google & Facebook, to deliver Alpha Dog ADA Signs advertisements on 3rd party publisher websites – these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. These cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you Alpha Dog ADA Signs advertisements elsewhere on the Internet, and so that our analytics software can measure your engagement & interactions while using alphadogadasigns.com. In this way, ad servers may compile anonymous, non-personally identifiable information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw our advertisements, whether or not you interacted with our advertisements, and actions performed on subsequent visits to alphadogadasigns.com. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you, and it allows Alpha Dog ADA Signs to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns and the usability of our website. In other words, we use analytics data in concert with data about our online ads that have been shown using the Google Display Network or other online advertising networks. Thus, we can understand how anonymous users interacted with our website after seeing our ads.
What is a Cookie: A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for the Subscription Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features.
What Type of Cookies Does Alpha Dog ADA Signs Use: There are four types of cookies that Alpha Dog ADA Signs uses. These four types of cookies include: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality and Targeting. Please find more information for each of these cookie types below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas. Cookies which fall under the Strictly Necessary Cookie category.
Additional cookies that necessary for the Alpha Dog ADA Website to function include store_vistor and shop_session_token to enable e-commerce section of the WordPress/WooCommerce platform.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting/Marketing Cookies: These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Alpha Dog ADA Signs. This information may be shared with organizations outside Alpha Dog ADA Signs, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
Below is a full list of our cookies separated by category.
Alphadogadasigns.com (these cookies fall under the category Strictly Necessary or Performance Cookies)
DoubleClick (these cookies fall under Targeting/Marketing Cookies)
Google.com (these cookies fall under Targeting/Marketing Cookies)
WWW.Google.com (these cookies fall under Targeting/Marketing Cookies)
Usermessages.com (these cookies fall under Functionality Cookies)
- shop_per_page: visitor’s choice for a number of products per page
- shop_per_row: visitor’s choice for a number of columns per row on the shop page
- shop_view: shop page view – grid or list
Note: These items listed below will be integrated in the coming months as part of Alpha Dog ADA Signs’ enhanced digital marketing efforts to provide current customers and potential customers with the product(s) which are best for their business.
- Google Merchant Center
- Google AdWords
- Google AdSense
You must, however, enable cookies from Alpha Dog ADA Signs in order to use most functions on the website.
Want to learn more about cookies? Visit Cookiepedia to search over hundreds of cookies and their purpose/description.
How Long will Cookies Stay on My Device: The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and Third-Party Cookies: First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Alpha Dog ADA Signs, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Alpha Dog ADA Signs, for example, to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to Control and Delete Cookies: If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions at Clear Your Browser Cookies by wikiHow. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at Disabling Your Cookies by wikiHow. Note, if you remove and or disable your browser for receiving cookies certain functions of the Alpha Dog ADA Signs website will not function properly.
Do Not Track (DNT) Do Not Track is a concept that has been promoted by regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites by using browser settings. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard.
Do Not Track Request: Your Internet browser and the mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. Alpha Dog ADA Signs respects your wishes and will track user activity one “do not track” signals have been activated. However, some third-party websites and applications do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Opting Out, Unsubscribing, Updating or Removing Information
Choices / Opt-Out: Upon account creation and order placement, we provide you the option to NOT receive Newsletters & Special Promotions and Updates emails from Alpha Dog ADA Signs. We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. Upon request Alpha Dog ADA Signs will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Alpha Dog ADA Signs
Unsubscribe from Our Communications: If you purchase a product but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference on our order form by leaving the “Opt-In” checkbox blank. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.
Updating/Correcting Information: Users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info. Users may also email us to correct or change any information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Anti-SPAM Policy: As part of Alpha Dog ADA Signs’ MailChimp Subscription to utilize their platform for marketing and sales efforts we must adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy we agree to always use best efforts and best practices in the industry when following: CAN-SPAM Act, Email Content and Formatting, Opt-Out Requirements, and Proper Usage of the MailChimp Service.
Security of Your Data
Community and Aggregate Information Security: Alpha Dog ADA Signs takes precautions to ensure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on Alpha Dog ADA Signs, please contact us by filling out the contact form located at Alpha Dog ADA Signs Contact Us.
Personal Information Security: The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We take the same care when we transmit your sensitive information to 3rd Party Services to facilitate your order by using the same SSL technology. To learn more about SSL, Transport Layer Security.
- GeoTrust: Website Identity and Security
Sharing and Disclosure of Information Alpha Dog ADA Signs Collects
Report of Data Breaches
If a Data Breach is to Occur: Alpha Dog ADA Signs ensures that their customers’ data is secure, and if a data breach is to occur the Supervisory Authority will be notified within 72 hours. Customers will then be notified of the data breach and will be able to connect with an Alpha Dog ADA Signs Customer Service Representative to provide them with the next steps and additional account support if needed.
California Privacy Rights
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA): Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83 – 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice that identifies the categories of personal information we share with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provides contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
Alpha Dog ADA Signs
Attn: California Privacy 8413
Washington Blvd, Ste 160
Roseville, CA 95678
General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP)
May 25, 2018: Alpha Dog ADA Signs collects and stores only necessary information to provide our customers with an enhanced user experience through our digital platforms. As part of our best practices and efforts to keep your private data secure we regularly review our compliance.
If you have any additional questions, comments, suggestions, or if you are requiring assistance to view/edit the Personal Information we currently have, please email Alpha Dog ADA Signs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alpha Dog ADA Signs
Attn: Privacy 8413
Washington Blvd, Ste 160
Roseville, CA 95678
Contact Form 7
Submitting a Form:
- Communication Consent: Alpha Dog ADA Signs is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you requested from us. From time to time, we would like to contact you about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you. If you consent to us contacting you for this purpose there will be a section on the form you are filling out to check.
- Process Consent: In order to provide you with the content you request, we need to store and process your personal data. This means that we will store the data that you submit from the form in a secure database. If you consent to us storing your personal data for this purpose there will be a section on the form you are filling out to check.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve added to the wishlist: we’ll use this to show you and other users your favorite products and to create targeted email campaigns.
- Wishlists you’ve created: we’ll keep track of the wishlists you create, and make them visible to the store’s staff
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist: Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Wishlist details, such as products added, date of addition, name and privacy settings of your wishlists
Our team members have access to this information to offer you better deals for the products you love.
WooCommerce – Abandoned Cart Light: This plugin allows us to send reminder emails when a cart is abandoned by a logged in customer. This data helps to improve the shopping experience and follow up of Alpha Dog ADA Signs to you the customer.